Whats Missing?

David E. Bernholdt bernhold at qtp.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 4 07:35:20 AEST 1989

In article <2569 at salgado.Solbourne.COM> dworkin at Solbourne.com (Dieter Muller) writes:
>So cheat.  Pick some convenient directory that you (hey, why not everyone
>else while you're at it) have in your path and are allowed to add things
>to.  Install the equivalent two-line shell script and name the result
>``ranlib''.

Sure, this is what I did eventually.  To make a robust work-a-like for
BSD's ranlib is about 50 lines.  But I would have much rather spent
the time on other things.  Writing a good script is time-consuming.

If anybody wants it, I'll mail or post it.
David Bernholdt			bernhold at qtp.ufl.edu
Quantum Theory Project		bernhold at ufpine.bitnet
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL  32611		904/392 6365