Whats Missing?

Dieter Muller dworkin at Solbourne.COM
Tue Oct 3 14:04:01 AEST 1989

In article <683 at orange19.qtp.ufl.edu> bernhold at orange19 (David E. Bernholdt) writes:
>Well okay, but I can put [bld] in my makefiles about as easily as I can
>replace ranlib with `lorder | tsort`.  The point is that I have 60
>makefiles for numerous programs and I don't want to have to modify
>them all.

So cheat.  Pick some convenient directory that you (hey, why not everyone
else while you're at it) have in your path and are allowed to add things
to.  Install the equivalent two-line shell script and name the result
``ranlib''.

No makefiles need be modified.  Or am I missing something incredibly
obvious again?

	Dworkin
--
...for the blood is the life, and the life is but a nightmare become real.
boulder!stan!dworkin  dworkin%stan at boulder.colorado.edu  dworkin at solbourne.com