Malloc() under UNICOS

Keith Refson refson at castle.ed.ac.uk
Sat Aug 25 02:04:58 AEST 1990

Does anybody have or know of a FAST replacement for malloc() which
runs on Crays under UNICOS?  I have a program in which memory
allocation appears to take an inordinate proportion of the execution
time, and need to speed it up.   I would appreciate any advice or
hints from anybody with experience in memory allocation under UNICOS.

Thanks in advance.
|	Keith   Refson			  |ROYAL MAIL:                     |
|-----------------------------------------|   Department of Earth Sciences |
| JANET   : keith at uk.ac.ox.earth          |   Parks Road                   |
| INTERNET: keith at earth.ox.ac.uk          |   Oxford OX1 3PR               |
| BITNET  : keith%uk.ac.ox.earth at ukacrl   |   UK                           |
| UUCP    : K.Refson at ed.uucp              |PHONE   : +44 865 272026/272016 |
|         : keith%uk.ac.ox.earth at ukc.uucp |FAX     : +44 865 272072        |