Protection in Cray

Tzi-cker Chiueh chiueh at sprite.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 19 08:42:28 AEST 1990

I am currently investigating methods of minimizing virtual memory overheads
in high-performance computers. I think I have some way of solving
logical-physical address translation. But I can't think of an efficient way
of providing protection. I figure since Cray doesn't have virtual memory, maybe
it can teach me something about achieving protection inexpensively.
Can anybody enlighten me about how Cray provides protection as normal virtual
memory systems offer, or where can I find useful description in this regard ?
Thank you.

tzi-cker