"vi" & Supercomputer Performance

Keith Bierman - SPD Advanced Languages khb at chiba.Eng.Sun.COM
Tue Oct 9 11:09:31 AEST 1990

In article <3831 at network.ucsd.edu> booker at network.ucsd.edu (Booker bense) writes:

   I also believe a version of remacs is in development.

I've know many gnuemacs users to use hacks to the open (spelt find)
and save (spelt write) commands. These are included in all the
versions of gnuemacs I've seen for a couple of years as

ftp-find-file
  Function: FTP to HOST to get FILE, logging in as USER with password PASSWORD.
ftp-write-file
 Function: FTP to HOST to write FILE, logging in as USER with password PASSWORD

Perhaps this may obviate the need for a new emacs.