AHA154x host adapter information wanted

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Thu Feb 8 06:12:44 AEST 1990

In article <11827 at frog.UUCP> jr at frog.UUCP (John Richardson) writes:
>In article <1990Jan31.234823.228 at ddsw1.MCS.COM>, karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>>
>> The Chantel Driver suite is not a realistic option; besides the cost
>> problems ($500 per system is a little steep) people I have talked to
>> who have it say it's not that fast; the HPDD with some tweaking seems to
>> be the way to go.
>
>   Is there interest in a host and target independant SCSI driver for
>a cheaper price?
>
>   I develope SCSI drivers to do striping, shadowing, etc, which are host
>and target independant. I am interested to know what demand there could be
>for a source level SCSI driver product.
>
>				JR

I would think that there would be lots of interest IF:

1) You can boot from it.
2) You integrate it with (or supplant) the ISC HPDD functionality.
3) We can get the speed of the HPDD or better.

We'd buy it if it met these conditions and was reasonably-priced.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]