Where can I order a hard disk (besides Hard Drives International)

Steve Nuchia steve at nuchat.UUCP
Fri Feb 16 03:22:34 AEST 1990

This may border on commercial, I'll keep it short.  I suspect
that a lot of readers of .i386 are price-sensitive, as I and
a lot of my clients are.

I have established good relations with some reliable vendors of
surplus and refurbished drives (and occasional other components).
Their inventories are unpredictable and volatile, and their
margins are thin.  If any of you need a drive cheap and can tell
me what you want and how much you are willing to pay I would be
willing to act as a broker, matching up your requests to what is
available and processing the order for, oh, 10% maybe?.  It would
help me keep my volume up with the distributers.  I don't
want to get into a lot of handholding at that price though.
Warranties are generally 90 days except for the occasional
manufacturer's surplus parts, which run 1-2 years usually.
There is no tech support, you need to know what you are doing.
Controllers, tape drives, and random other stuff occasionally
available.

If you're interested I need a phone number and a list of
requirements, each listing
	model number(s) or list of acceptable brands
	new, refurb, or used
	$/drive or $/megabyte limits, exclusive of shipping.
	quantity
	date needed by (so I can cull the card if not filled)

I'll start worrying about how to manage the financial end
if/when interest is indicated.  Nuff said.
--
Steve Nuchia	      South Coast Computing Services      (713) 964-2462
"If the conjecture `You would rather I had not disturbed you