ATI VGA Wonder & Bus Mouse

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sat Jan 6 01:42:49 AEST 1990

Hello again.

A few days ago I posted a message regarding the ATI VGA Wonder card and it's
built-in bus mouse.  I have some more information.

The Logitech driver in ISC's 2.0.2 release is seriously broken.  As in
toast.  It doesn't work right at all.  Acceleration is outrageous, to the
point that you can't point at anything (I have good coordination, but that
is rediculous! :-)

HOWEVER, if you install X11 (V1.1), the driver is replaced with one that
works correctly!  Interesting, eh?

Heh ISC!  Take the logitech driver from your X11 release and put it in
the general distribution.....  Then the problem will stay fixed :-)

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]