FAS on SCO ODT ???

Walter Mecky walter at mecky.UUCP
Sat Jun 16 10:20:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun15.020958.594 at dynsim2.uucp> vlr at dynsim2.uucp (Vic Rice) writes:
+ Has anybody had any success implementing the FAS async driver under
+ SCO ODT (UNIX 5.3.2).
+ If I leave sio active and just do "make install" for the FAS stuff,
+ the kernel rebuilds OK. However on reboot, the system hangs during
+ the startup just before the info appears for the serial hardware
+ ( you know- int vec, DMA, base addr, etc. ). Instead of displaying
+ the usual, an "F1" appears on the left of the screen and its
+ "deep sleep" time.

In 25 Feb 90 andy at netcom.UUCP (Andrew Burgess) posted the same problem
and solved it by himself (Message-ID: <7854 at netcom.UUCP>). Here the kernel
of his article:
> Here I go again responding to my own postings. I waded into the driver a
> little and found that fasinit() was calling a UART test routine that
> in turn called delay() to wait for characters to flow through the UART.
> According to the FM "delay cannot be called from an xxinit or interrupt
> routine". I stubbed the test routine out and the driver came up fine.

Hope the helps you too. Let us now.
--
Walter Mecky