SCSI Tape Drives for SCO ODT

0000-Admin0000 root at maxed
Sat Jun 9 00:47:50 AEST 1990

In article <142 at stephsf.UUCP> wengland at stephsf.com (Bill England) writes:

>  Sysgen,  Inc. is selling a SCSI tape drive called the TS250.
>  I called their Technical Support, +1 408 263 1171, and talked
>  to Andy about it's compatibility with SCO Unix.  The word is
>  that the TS250 *is* an Archive 2150S with some modifications
>  to is SCSI adaptor software so that it can back up 250MB or
>  500MB of data.  ( The 500MB unit some how combines two drives
>  and when one fills up the next volume automaticly starts. )
>
>  DOES ANYONE currently use Sysgens drives or if I get one will
>  I be a pioneer? ( I really hate running around in the jungle
>  with a machete :-)

The new 6250 tapes make any old 150MB drive that uses DC6150 tapes
into a 250MB drive-the tapes are 100MB longer.

BRU, a tape archiver, and the Chantal drivers will enable you to
chain tape devices one after the other so you can use more than the
two that SYSGEN offers, if you wish.

--
 Ed Whittemore 		uunet!maxed!ed
 American Micro Group 		201 944 3293