Popular response to the Jargon File 2.1.5...

Eric S. Raymond eric at snark.thyrsus.com
Sun Dec 2 03:48:24 AEST 1990

...has been so overwhelming that I'm going to post a new version soon (like,
within the next two weeks).

    2.1.6 will include the numerous submissions of new entries that I've
received by email, and also over a thousand lines of additions and changes
that effectively merge in the 1983 paper edition of jargon-1 (thanks to Guy
Steele for kindly providing an on-line version of the ms).

    So get those new entries in now! Also, please note that I'm looking for
more entries for the `Hacker History Timeline' that will go in the book
version.

    Prospects for paper publication are looking better than ever; there are
now *three* major publishers who have expressed interest, and one has
solicited a formal proposal. I will of course continue to make the on-line
version available for free to hackers and continue to update and maintain it
after paper release.
--
      Eric S. Raymond = eric at snark.thyrsus.com  (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)