Popular response to the Jargon File 2.1.5...

Tom Rombouts tomr at ashtate
Wed Dec 5 08:00:02 AEST 1990

In article <1Ydf1L#9BjnvO0Bzs6d4g0QT6426PlS=eric at snark.thyrsus.com> eric at snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:
>...has been so overwhelming that I'm going to post a new version soon (like,
>within the next two weeks).

This might be obvious, but the book "The Devouring Fungus" that has just
come out relates to the Jargon File.  (Apparently it includes a fair
amount of terms from the file already.)  From that book I would like
to suggest "COBOL Charlie" be added.  (In my own realm, we need a
term like "dBASE Dave," BTW  :-)  )  Also, regarding humorous entries,
I have heard of "The Devil's DP Dictionary" by Stan Kelly-Bootle.  If
this is indeed a real book, it would seem like a logical addition to
the bibliography at the end.

Thanks again, BTW, for making this great file available to us!

Tom Rombouts  Torrance Techie  tomr at ashtate.A-T.com   V:(213)538-7108