asynchronous I/O in SVR4?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 01:31:52 AEST 1990

In article <4719 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
| >How about everyone with a Sun?  SunOS 4.1 (billed as Sun's transition
| >to SVR4)
|
| Yes, that's one thing that it is.  It's also Sun's release that adds an
| asynchronous I/O mechanism, but the mechanism doesn't come from S5R4, as
| far as I know....

  The header files are in Dell V.4, but I don't see aiowait or asiowait
in the masterliblist file, which shows all the routines in every
library. Don't know if they only got half, or if they took some out, or
if the async stuff has those names redefined in the header files. I will
look, but not this morning.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX