PLEASE HELP ME AGAIN!!!!!

Theo Heavey theo at cs.fau.edu
Mon Dec 17 13:29:27 AEST 1990

michi at ptcburp.ptcbu.oz.au (Michael Henning) writes:

-- lots of stuff deleted

> Can someone please try and locate that jerk ?  Preferably strangle him as
> well ?
>
> No one minds a good joke, but getting the same joke twice, with countless
> megabytes of bandwidth wasted world-wide...  Methinks that activities
> like thay just may be illegal and subject to public prosecution a'la
> internet worm. Any comments anyone ?

Recent investigations into the ethics of virus/worm propagation for a paper
revealed that propagation of this type of "joke" is totally. UNETHICAL.
This may also be pursued on a legal basis as a violation of the
usuary standards of the Internet and many other computing organizations
as well. As Michi has pointed out many of us would like to strangle
this prankster. Clogging up one's mail facility ONCE is a prank.. twice
it is a malicious act.

For further information on the legal implications (as well as ethical)
please refer to the Communications of the ACM. They hosted an entire
issue to this problem after Morris' trial. Sorry, the exact issue
information is not at my finger tips -- if you are interested in
exact citations please drop at note and I'll look it up.

Theodora Heavey
Florida Atlantic University
Computer Science
internet: theo at cs.fau.edu