asynchronous I/O in SVR4?

H.Shrikumar shri at ncst.ernet.in
Mon Dec 17 17:40:40 AEST 1990

In article <4719 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
>>How about everyone with a Sun?  SunOS 4.1 (billed as Sun's transition
>>to SVR4)
>
>Yes, that's one thing that it is.  It's also Sun's release that adds an
>asynchronous I/O mechanism, but the mechanism doesn't come from S5R4, as
>far as I know....

   More info on the aynch I/O requested ... or at least do you have any
pointers to it ?

   Is it done as a posted system call, with an early return, and if so
does it invent a new SIG exception to handle failures ? And if (that too)
so, how are pre-emptive quotas etc. implemented ?

   EMWTK. Thanx in advance.

-- shrikumar ( shri at ncst.in )