RAM disk.

Costis Aivalis costis at csi.forth.gr
Fri Oct 19 06:46:12 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>This is an example of why performance tuning is magic.  There are no
>simple answeres for all cases. What seems at first examination to be an
>obvious performance gain, may turn out to be a loss.

>Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.,
>uunet!virtech!cpcahil                           46030 Manekin Plaza, Suite 160
>                                                Sterling, VA 22170

The best answer so far!

It definitely _IS_ application specific!

Let's try to avoid giving a general answer to the RAMdisk question
and check our system and application performance with the RAMdisk
and without it.

Chances are that we won't be getting the performance improvement
we expect, but then again who knows without trying... ?

No revolvers or machine-guns please! :-)

Costis Aivalis

costis at csi.forth.gr

F.O.R.T.H.