so-called "vote" to re-create comp.unix.wizards

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Oct 10 03:23:02 AEST 1990

Followers of the comp.unix.wizards/internals/esoterica debate
in news.groups will no doubt be entertained to find that John
F. Haugh II, who issued a newgroup on c.u.wizards without any
of the normal procedures, is now trying to run a "vote" on the
subject -- with the call for votes posted only to c.u.wizards.

According to jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II):
>Chip Salzenberg says I should run a vote if I want
>to see comp.unix.wizards return.

Each person is responsible for his own actions.  John would
like to blame me for his actions.  Such attempted abdication
of responsibility is futile.

It is the Usenet community as a whole that expects the
guidelines to be followed.  The guidelines can be ignored, of
course, but doing so entails the risk of having news admins
collectively say: "No way, dude."  John has assumed that risk.

>In a month or so, I'll tally the votes and send the
>results off to the net.gods for their action.

It has been a long time since there were any net.gods to
answer that mail.  The backbone lost its spine long ago.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed