so-called "vote" to re-create comp.unix.wizards

George Mitchell mitchell at chance.uucp
Thu Oct 11 23:45:08 AEST 1990

In article <18581 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II)
wrote:
`First, the guidelines have been followed.  There has been discussion
`in comp.unix.internals for more than two weeks.  Second, others have
`suggested that comp.unix.wizards be recreated.  Third, the vote was
`announced in the appropriate and relevant newsgroups.  That is the
`gist of the guidelines.  That there be discussion, some concensus on
`action to be taken, and a call for votes.  According to those
`guidelines, this is a valid vote.

It is news to me!
As of now, I vote against comp.unix.wizards.
I have seen no proposal, discussion, or call for votes.
Any vote before the c.u.esoterica vote is premature.
I will abstain from that vote.
--
George Mitchell, MITRE, MS Z676, 7525 Colshire Dr, McLean, VA  22102
email: gmitchel at mitre.org  [alt: mitchell at community-chest.mitre.org]