CALL FOR VOTES: REPLACE comp.unix.internals

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Thu Oct 25 23:04:27 AEST 1990

In article <m0iRhWG-0000mPC-x at chinet.chi.il.us> oddjob!chinet!samsung!slum!laird at gargoyle.uchicago.edu writes:
>PROPOSAL:
>     To revise the newsgroup "comp.unix.internals".
>     The choices for a new name are "comp.unix.esoterica" and
>     "comp.unix.wizards".

I would like to thank Laird for stepping forward to do this.  I
know from his letters that he is looking forward to a nice happy
vote ;-)

I encourage everyone who sent me votes to resend them to Laird
for his counting.  I hope this clears up the entire issue, and
with a little luck, we should have comp.unix.wizards back in
time for the holidays.

This "call for votes" by Laird is part of a deal worked out
between Eliot, Laird, and myself to get the vote moving in a
forward and productive manner.  In order to avoid further
confusion, please do not post anything more regarding the old
vote.  It has been called off and all tallied votes will be
disregarded.
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!"
		-- Ken Thompson