CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Give comp.unix control to the wizards

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Mon Oct 1 22:39:49 AEST 1990

According to lm at sun.UUCP (Larry McVoy):
>The thing that bothers me the most is that the name was changed by
>someone who *isn't* a wizard...

This statement is false in two ways.

First, I consider myself a wizard.  I am a junior wizard, perhaps,
when compared with the likes of Spencer and Torek; but I have seldom
found a question in c.u.questions that I could not answer from memory.

Second, *I* did not rename c.u.wizards; I only proposed the renaming.
The net at large voted it in.  If this action was a mistake, then it
was a mistake of the net at large, not of any one person.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>