c.u.wizards vs. c.u.internals

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Thu Sep 13 02:47:09 AEST 1990

[ Followups to news.groups. ]

According to ray at ctbilbo.UUCP (Ray Ward):
>The name "wizards" was sufficiently intimidating to keep novice
>posting to a minimum ...

I must have been reading a different group from Mr. Ward.  I found the
newbie-magnet effect in c.u.wizards irritatingly pronounced.

>I highly resent having the name changed, and then finding out about
>it after the fact with no opportunity to contribute to the discussion.

I cross-posted the Call For Discussion and the Call For Votes to
comp.unix.wizards and news.announce.newgroups.  The very reason that
that news.announce.newgroups exists is to warn users of proposed and
ongoing newsgroup creation votes.  I've said it before, and I'll say
it again:

  Anyone who doesn't read news.announce.newgroups had better
  enjoy surprises.

It is apparent that Mr. Ward didn't take the time to read n.a.n, which
is of course his privilege.  But it's disingenuous for anyone who
doesn't read n.a.n to complain about not having seen its contents.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>