c.u.wizards vs. c.u.internals

Frank I. Reiter frank at rsoft.bc.ca
Thu Sep 13 09:03:46 AEST 1990

In article <121 at ctbilbo.UUCP> ray at ctbilbo.UUCP (Ray Ward) writes:
]
]There is a need for a two-level hierarchy of groups for UNIX questions/
]problems/observations:  one for novices and general population, and a
]higher-level group for those self-assured of their experience and competence.
]The former was supplied by c.u.questions and the latter, admirably, I
]thought, by c.u.wizards.  The name "wizards" was sufficiently intimidating
]to keep novice posting to a minimum, while not limiting the discussions
]to "internals."

On the other hand how many times haven't we had novices posting novice
questions to c.u.w because they figure the wizards ought to know how to
help them?  I believe the intent of the renaming was to avoid just that
problem.