CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Give comp.unix control to the wizards

Tom Frauenhofer tvf at cci632.UUCP
Sat Sep 15 03:33:32 AEST 1990

In article <8629:Sep1411:54:0590 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Why don't we give comp.unix control to the wizards?

Overkill.  Although I'm not a wizard (and I don't play one on TV), I
think the only real issue is the renaming of comp.unix.wizards to
comp.unix.internals.  I've followed this thread, and I think that
a mistake was made (which I had a small hand in, for I voted for
the change).  I do think that the fuss about people who are worried
that their AT&T license agreements exclude their posting here is
incorrect, but there are enough lawyers out there to make them worry.

Sigh.  Just change it back.

And let's create comp.unix.hang-the-lawyers while we're at it.
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW		cci632!ccird2!tvf at uunet.uu.net
	tvf1477 at ma.isc.rit.edu      atexnet!kodak!swamps!frau!tvf at uunet.uu.net
"Why don't you try acting?  It's much easier."
	- Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman during filming of "Marathon Man"