CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Give comp.unix control to the wizards

Craig E. Ward cew at isi.edu
Sat Sep 15 03:56:49 AEST 1990

In article <8629:Sep1411:54:0590 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>Why don't we give comp.unix control to the wizards?
> [...]
>Comments?

There is no conflict between c.u.internals and c.u.wizards.  There is
overlap, but that doesn't pass the "So What?" test.  Let's keep the wizards
group and get on with it.

Having insight into the arcania of an operating system does not necessarily
mean that one has equal insight into network management.  Therefore, a call
for giving "control" of a slice of the hierarchy to an elect few is illogical
and fundamentally flawed.

Of course, giving "wizards" (Under the criteria mentioned, I qualify as a
wizard!) control could prove entertaining, if you enjoy flame wars.  (When
Egos Collide ;-).
--
Craig E. Ward <cew at venera.isi.edu> 	Slogan:	"nemo me impune lacessit"
USPS:	USC/Information Sciences Institute