Source for Unix???

Conway Yee cy5 at cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
Thu Feb 14 05:53:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb11.221134.10074 at robobar.co.uk> ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) writes:
>guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
>
>> 2) perhaps some amount of time on the phone to AT&T's (or USL's?)
>>    licensing arm, 1) explaining what V6 is to them and 2) finding out if
>>    they still license it (which they may not).
>
>They don't.  And yes, they do know what V6 is.  I tried to get a local
>university library to get a copy of Lions, he referred us to AT&T who
>had bought it, and they said (paraphrased):

I can't believe that a library would allow someone to purchase their only
copy of a reference book.  Isn't there a code of ethics which prevents
something like this?  Surely there is a library out there with a copy.
Would the Library of Congress in Washington DC have copies?

I have to admit that I have looked in several university libraries with
absolutely no success.

					Conway Yee, N2JWQ
yee at ming.mipg.upenn.edu    (preferred)             231 S. Melville St.
cy5 at cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (forwarded to above)    Philadelphia, Pa 19139