The jargon file version 2.3.1 03 JAN 1991 follows in 11 parts

Blair P. Houghton bhoughto at pima.intel.com
Mon Jan 7 11:49:35 AEST 1991

In article <663034441.11852 at mindcraft.com> ronnie at mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) writes:
>	Given that a significant portion of the unix.internals bandwidth is
>now being used by discussions and postings of jargon files, I propose that
>we break it off into a new newsgroup, comp.unix.internals.jargon_file.  I am
>also open to comp.unix.wizards.jargon_file, in view of the upcoming renaming.

A.  Given that internals types are more likely to know the
esoterica found within such a jargon file, it's most appropriate
to discuss such things, here.

B.  Eric mentioned that this was the last one before it's
published/made available for ftp/whatever, so I'd expect
we won't see any more discussion of it until around 1997,
when the next one would be due, if periodicity is
controllable.

#pragma project_to_the_back_of_the_theatre

CONSEQUENTLY, I WOULD EXPECT THAT THE NEXT TIME ERIC POSTS
ABOUT IT, HE'LL BE KIND ENOUGH SIMPLY TO STATE THAT IT IS
AVAILABLE AND WHERE AND HOW TO GET IT AND NOT POST THE
ENTIRE TEXT WHICH IS SOMETHING OF AN ABOMINABLE PRACTICE
IN THE _FIRST_ PLACE.

#pragma sotto_voce

C.  You can't have a new group for every subject thread, it'd
make the net look like, well, what it looks like today...

>	Followups to anywhere you like, except, please, unix.internals.

Not your choice to make, dear boy.  Learn to use a
kill-file, if you like.

				--Blair
				  "Some messes are dry and
				   crusty by the time you