Shared libraries are not necessary

Dan Mick dan at kfw.COM
Mon Jun 10 08:39:00 AEST 1991

In article <9659 at sail.LABS.TEK.COM> terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM writes:
>In article <300 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
>>
>>That is not my claim at all.
>
>     Oh, yes it was. It wasn't your only claim, just one of many. To wit, see
>article with Message-ID of 264 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp; you start the article
>thusly:
>
>	Now, perhaps, it is time to show that shared libraries often increase
>	memory consumption.
>
>	If, as if often the case, we are running only one X applications, you
>	lose.

Ah, yes, the age-old, time-honored tradition of "selective electronic
argument" falls to the reproducibility of computer-stored statements once
again...

Thanks, Terry...you've just conclusively proved to me that everything
M. Ohta says is to be ignored on its face.  Besides being incomprehensibly
phrased, it's also allowed to be self-inconsistent *and* abrasive.

Go away, Masataka.  Or should I say "You had better go away" to retort with
that attitude of omniscience you're so fond of transmitting?