(was slashes, now NFS devices)

Robert Thurlow thurlow at convex.com
Sat Mar 9 02:43:04 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar8.010432.29216 at panix.uucp> zink at panix.uucp (David Zink) writes:

>[an open-unlink routine]

>Never mind the old-timey style, equivalent things are still valid nowadays,
>and it does serve one useful added feature.

>It test whether the current directory is remotely mounted with NFS.

It works fine for me.  I can't tell the difference unless I go snooping
around for the .nfsXXX file that got created on the server to implement
this.

Do you have anything correct to say about NFS?  I've given up on waiting
for you to say something meaningful, nowadays I'm just after correct.

Rob T
Rob Thurlow, thurlow at convex.com
An employee and not a spokesman for Convex Computer Corp., Dallas, TX