Running X11 or NeWS on mainframes

matt matt at locus.com
Thu Sep 13 09:14:59 AEST 1990

I have been running AIX X windows on a 3090 200 running AIX version
1.2.  I am using a TCF clustered PS/2 model 80 as the host and am
running all of the clients on the 370.  I have seen better performance
with X with this setup than in other environments.  I am also currently
reading news on the 370 in an X window and editing this reply in
another.  If you have any specific questions about this setup please
reply directly to me.  If there is sufficient interest I will post
the questions and replys.

                                            Matt
(213)337-5900
matt at locus.com