Give me some references on large Unix (mainframe) systems.

Greg Lindahl gl8f at astsun9.astro.Virginia.EDU
Sat Sep 15 01:50:34 AEST 1990

In article <1570 at kielo.uta.fi> mjk at ohdake.uta.fi (Matti Koskivirta) writes:
>To put it in short : Why is/isn't Unix efficient with mainframe-type
>applications (>200 users) compared to (say) VMS ? How is it with OLTP ?
>I would like to have some real references to convince some people.

And if I can extend the question: on IBM-compatible mainframes, are
there any big shops running OLTP under Unix? Does the software exist
under Unix to do this efficiently?

--
"Perhaps I'm commenting a bit cynically, but I think I'm qualified to."
                                              - Dan Bernstein