nis/yp usage question

Rick Farris rfarris at rfengr.com
Sat Jun 22 11:58:03 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun21.140331.14724 at bwdls61.bnr.ca> marmen at bwdla31.bnr.ca (Rob Marmen 1532773) writes:

>      ...we use NIS extensively. It makes my life much
>      simpler. There is a lot of folklore with the system,
>      but it can be made to run with few problems.

Hal Stern's new book "Managing NFS and NIS", from O'Reilly &
Associates should go a long ways toward obviating the need
for the folklore.

It's the best discussion I've seen of NIS issues, including
suggestions for subnet size and configuration.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757