Looking for a complete unix resource accounting package.

Haral Tsitsivas haral at unisol.uucp
Wed May 15 10:46:48 AEST 1991

In article <938 at sdrc.COM> crpaul at sdrc.COM (Paul Scheidler) writes:
>Hello,
>I am looking for a resource accounting package that has the following features:
>Able to run on the following systems:
>Apollo, Sun, HP, IBM RS6000, DEC Ultrix, and Silicon Graphics.
>It should be able to work efficently in a large nfs environment. Most of the
>data and processing should be centralized.
>Project accounting is not required at this time, but should be available in
>the future.
>Users will be charged for cpu usage as well as disk usage.
>Any pointers will be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Paul Scheidler.
>uunet!sdrc.com!crpaul

If you are interested in a commercial product, look into our UNISOL Jobacct
software, which seems to satisfy all of your requirements...  It peforms
project accounting (actual cost or proportional) and keeps track of the
following resources:

* connect time,			* memory usage (kilo-core minutes),
* disk usage,			* pages printed,
* cpu usage,			* network I/O operations, and,
* disk I/O operations,		* miscellaneous charges.

Reports can be produced for one, many or all machines on the network.  Setup
and maintenance of the application can be done from the command line or
though a user-friendly menus/forms management interface which simplifies the
configuration of JobAcct control tables and the generation of standard
and/or ad-hoc reports.  Release 2.0 is also available with an X-Windows user
interface.

--
--Haral Tsitsivas
  UniSolutions Associates