Disabling 'date' prompt in SysV/At

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sun Aug 14 02:46:20 AEST 1988

[Now we're getting somewhere, back to technical discussions concerning
 Microport Sys/V and other matters pertinant to this group. At last
 Check, it *was* still called comp.unix.microport] :-)

In article <401 at fallst.UUCP>, tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:
> Can anyone tell me how to bypass the prompt asking if the date is
> correct on bootup in uport SysV/AT (version 2.2)?

     What I did was simply modify the /etc/bsetdate script to not ask
  for the date/time but capture it from the cmos clock at power up. I
  also wanted my system to self re-start. The following is my corrected
  bsetdate. As you can see, the mod was *very* simply, easy to remove,
  and theres probably a hundred other ways to do it.

#  iAPX286 @(#)bsetdate.sh	1.1
#  Check and set date
#  Modified to collect date directly from CMOS
#  Using 'setup -d' - Henry Seltzer 6-23-86

TZ=GMT0
export TZ
date `/etc/setup -d`
. /etc/TIMEZONE
#while :
#do
#	echo "Is the date `date` correct? (y or n) \c"
#	read reply
#	if
#		[ "$reply" = y ]
#	then
#		break
#	else
#		echo "Enter the correct time: (hh:mm:ss) or RETURN \c"
#		read reply2
#		if [ "$reply2" != "" ]
#		then
#			/etc/setup time "$reply2"
#		fi
#		echo "Enter the correct date: (mm/dd/yy) or RETURN \c"
#		read reply1
#		if [ "$reply1" != "" ]
#		then
#			/etc/setup date "$reply1"
#		fi
#		date `/etc/setup -d`
#	fi
#done

	Hope this does the trick for you.

						John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: wa3wbu!john at uunet.UU.NET