uport questions

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Tue Aug 30 15:50:17 AEST 1988

In article <1172 at bellboy.UUCP> hack at bellboy.UUCP (Greg Hackney) writes:
>In article <2569 at alembic.UUCP> bill at alembic.UUCP (Bill Hatch) writes:
>> I e-mailed these information requests to Microport (unet!uport!techs)
>I have seen a lot of flames about uport not answering email. I have seen

I'm the one who gets to answer this mail - about 200K per week. :-)
Many of these people:
	1) get phone calls if a phone # was included
	2) get replies by email (I try 3 times, if the reply still bounces
				 I usually /dev/null it)
	3) get general replies thru the net (ie a posting about mice & merge)
	   if they are responses to a news article.
	4) get forwarded to engineering (bugs/features), or sales (requests
	   for info/prices)
	5) get archived for in depth replies (anything taking more than about
	   10 minutes)

I was planning on installing filter to automagically generate ACK blurbs,
better get moving on that one...

	-John (not ignoring you) Plocher