HDB uucp and uport SV/AT (have you tried it?) Yes!

John Plocher plocher at uport.UUCP
Sat Aug 20 15:56:23 AEST 1988

In article <1418 at ssc.UUCP> fyl at ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) writes:
>There is no printed documentation.  It is on the disk.

So print it out.  That is why we provided it.

> When you install the disk, it wipes out your old uucp.

Sure.  What do you expect, you *are* upgrading your uucp stuff.  It *should*
wipe out the old stuff.  It has a conversion script which converts the
old L.sys and L.devices files into the HDB versions; it replaces uucico
and friends because it *is* a new version!

You *did* do a backup first, didn't you? :-)

>dialers and stuff (even though the program dials a Hayes modem fine).
>Sequence numbers are stored in hex but uux blows up when a sequence number
>has a non-decimal digit in it.  There is no new cu so cu uses the L.sys
>and L-devices file even though uucp uses Devices and Systems.

The version we are shipping now does not have any of these problems - I know
because I checked.  There may have been other versions, I don't know (and
can't say) about them.  If yours has problems, call Tech Support, please.
We will help, I promise.

>Enough bitching about what I got.  I sent mail to uport about it.  No
>answer.  I sent mail to John Plocher at uport.  He said he didn't know
>about the problem.  I sent him details.  Someone else on the net sent

And I looked into it (see above). I also sent you replies with all this
info in them.  Since it seems you didn't get it, would you please
call me.  Thanks.

>I give.

I don't.

>--
>Phil    uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl

    -John Plocher
     Microport systems

PS, to ALL

  If you send me email, please include a phone number and (if appropriate)
your address.  I can't do much to help if all my replies bounce because
of email problems...