Miscellaneous questions re: Microport V/AT 2.4

David Beckemeyer david at bdt.UUCP
Sun Dec 4 07:50:09 AEST 1988

In article <411 at zinn.MV.COM> mem at zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett) writes:
>>I'm still in shock; I had come to believe that "double panic" and "Microport"
>>were synonyms.
>
>While I'm not getting as many double panics under 2.4 as I was under 2.3,
>I really can't say that it's because the serial driver is better.  It's
>because the system now becomes autistic if I type at a reasonable speed.

Not to change the subject but my system is getting as many "double panics"
as ever, and maybe even more with 2.4 than it did with 2.3.1(beta) (if that's
possible).

The system in question has two dumb serial ports, one runs at 9600
baud and the other runs at 1200/2400 baud.

Oddly enough, I didn't notice the problem often enough to worry about it
when I was running 2.2, but that might be becuase I was having so many other
problems (like the 2-drive bug) that it got over-shadowed.

--
David Beckemeyer (david at bdt.UUCP)	| "Lester Moore - Four slugs from a .44
Beckemeyer Development Tools		|  no Les, no more."