GNU Emacs

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Wed Dec 14 01:25:38 AEST 1988

In article <778 at splut.UUCP> jay at splut.UUCP (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
]In article <8525 at alice.UUCP> debra at alice.UUCP () writes, in reference to
]a kernel message written to the console:
]>And though it used to be a problem on multiuser systems where you might
]>not notice the messages on the console (though the system surely came to a
]>crawl which everyone should notice) on these mighty PC's where one always
]>uses the console this should be even more acceptable than before.
]
]Hate to tell you this, Paul, but I'm on /dev/cons1 right now on my
]AT-clone, not /dev/console. I hardly ever flip over to /dev/console;
]insted, it's reserved for those times that I need to log on as root to
]get something done. Next suggestion?
]
I hate to tell you this, Jay, but Microbug clearly blew it on this one
again. With SCO Xenix you would get the messages no matter on which virtual
console you are. So you can figure out my next suggestion...

Paul.