TrailBlazer with V/AT

Andrew Ernest andrew at ramona.UU.NET
Sun Dec 18 08:00:55 AEST 1988

>From the register dump he included in his article, it appears Randy
Jarrett is attempting to use RTS/CTS flow control (S58 = S68 = 2)
between his computer and Trailblazer modem.  I was under the
impression that V/AT did not support this form of handshaking.  I
tried it with 2.3 and the serial driver seems to ignore RTS/CTS.
Fortunately, uucp's g protocol does its own flow control.  However,
other applications would be much cleaner and simpler if V/AT supported
RTS/CTS handshaking.

Microport tech support (or anyone else who knows for sure), does V/AT
support RTS/CTS flow control?  If so, how does one enable it?  I would
love to be able to lock the interface speed and dispense with XON/XOFF
flow control for non-uucp applications.

Andrew Ernest	(andrew at ramona.uu.net)