Smail 2.5 & V/386 (more)

Roland Wilcher raw at ushiva.UUCP
Tue Dec 20 11:22:24 AEST 1988

In article <714 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>     I am still not having any luck with getting Smail 2.5 running on
>V/386. As I mentioned before, I have it running fine on Sys V/AT and I
>simply recompiled the source on V/386. It compiled clean but doesnt work
>properly. If I simply use mailx to send " mailx john" I get:
>
>/bin/rmail: illegal option  --s
>valid flags are  cdvArRiLH......

Did you remember to link /bin/smail to /bin/rmail ? I had this problem when
I upgraded to 3.0e after restoring from backups. The original rmail was
being evoked instead of smail.
-----
"There is no statute of limitations on stupidity."    raw at neologic%hal.cwru.edu
Randomly produced by a computer program          {hal,decvax}!ncoast!ushiva!raw
called Markov3.                                               Roland A. Wilcher