Smail 2.5 & V/386 (more)

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Mon Dec 19 00:27:55 AEST 1988

In article <714 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
: If I simply use mailx to send " mailx john" I get:
:
: /bin/rmail: illegal option  --s
: valid flags are  cdvArRiLH......
:
:      I get the same error when trying to use "elm john".  If I simply
: use /bin/mail as in  "mail john", this works fine.

I can't help you with elm. But for mailx all you have to do is RTFM.

Try adding

	set noaddsopt

to /usr/lib/mailx/mailx.rc .

:      I'm not sure why Smail is working on Sys V/AT and not on V/386.
: I've checked everything I can think of and am coming up blank. This
: single program is keeping the 386 off the USENET link. If anyone has Smail
: running on V/386 and can offer some suggestions I'd be happy to hear
: from you. Thanks.

I use smail and it works fine.

---
Bill