System Crash

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.UUCP
Wed Dec 28 01:55:26 AEST 1988

I'm running S/386 3.0e.  As a UNIX novice, I thought I would try out shell
layers the other day.  shl worked OK from the system console(s), but I thought
that this was uninteresting since I have virtual consoles there anyway.  So
I tried it from a tty port.  CRASH!  System mumbled something about dumping
stuff, diddled the disk awhile, then froze.  I had to hit the red button on the
front of the box.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Also - I recall seeing something about support for more than 4 virtual
consoles in 3.0e.  Does anyone know what I have to do to get, say, 10
consoles?

--
Bill Michaelson - uh... princeton!mccc!cosi!bill, I think.
also at... Voice 609-771-6705  CompuServe 72416,1026