YA uP V2.4

Paul Homchick paul at cgh.UUCP
Mon Dec 19 08:26:51 AEST 1988

In article <1788 at wa4mei.UUCP> you write:
>In article <349 at puck.UUCP> asp at puck.UUCP (Andy Puchrik) writes:
>
>All in all I am quite happy with 2.4 now if I could only get
>back the money that I wasted on a non-functional Dos Merg package
>when I first bought the whole system.
>
>Randy Jarrett  WA4MEI

This bothers me too.  I had a very nice Merge/286 setup, then I went out
and bought an AST VGA Plus card.  After that, the Microport merge kernel
stopped working.

2.4 fixed the VGA problem, but the merge kernel has not been updated so
the merge product is STILL broken.  VGA is becoming more and more popular.
I wonder if Microport has given up on selling Merge/286?

(p.s. Randy, thanks for the tip re: the archive master file bug.  I spent
an hour or two puzzling over that until I saw your message.)
--
Paul Homchick              UUCP:  {allegra | rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick; 259 Radnor-Chester Road, Suite 140; Radnor, PA  19087