floating point under Microport

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 23:55:22 AEST 1988

In article <612 at cimcor.mn.org>, mike at cimcor.mn.org (Michael Grenier) writes:
> OK, if this is a compiler bug, I might finally admit that
> SCO is better (and it will hurt too!).
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> main()
> {
> 	float a;
> 	a=2.0;
> 	printf("%f\n",a);
> }
>

> Does this work on anyone's 286?

     I'm not a C-guru so don't flame me but what is this code supposed to
do if it works properly ?  I compiled this code two different ways on my
Sys V/AT 2.3U system.

	1. cc -o test test.c -lm
	2. cc -o test test.c

     When I run test, it just returns the cursor. No error, no nothing.
Is this correct ?  I've tried supplying an argument to "test" and it
still just returns the cursor. I might add that my machine has a 80287
installed.

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P