floating point under Microport

Paul De Bra debra at alice.UUCP
Sun Dec 11 11:42:26 AEST 1988

In article <711 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
]In article <612 at cimcor.mn.org>, mike at cimcor.mn.org (Michael Grenier) writes:
]> [correct c-program deleted]
]
]     I'm not a C-guru so don't flame me but what is this code supposed to
]do if it works properly ?  I compiled this code two different ways on my
]Sys V/AT 2.3U system.
]
]	1. cc -o test test.c -lm
]	2. cc -o test test.c
]
]     When I run test, it just returns the cursor. No error, no nothing.
]Is this correct ?  I've tried supplying an argument to "test" and it
]still just returns the cursor. I might add that my machine has a 80287
]installed.
]
OK, here is lessen 1 in C-programming on Unix:

Never call your program "test".

test is a shell built-in and also a program in /bin (for shells which
might not have test as a built in...

So please try again with another name. This program should really work.

Paul.