Ramdisk usage on V/386

Ken Chapin ken at uport.UUCP
Thu Dec 22 01:23:18 AEST 1988

In article <6515 at killer.DALLAS.TX.US> elwiz at killer.Dallas.TX.US (Chert Pellett) writes:
>In article <176 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>>
>>    Has anyone came up with a procedure to format, mkfs, and mount
>>the Ram disk thats provided with V/386 ?
>>
>	Or better yet, Anyone got a way to get it out of the kernel?
>(If you can make it bigger, it might be worthwhile.)  I assume that
>it was put in to allow U-Port to boot from a write-protected floppy, and

The module's called ramd. You can comment it out in the atconf/systems/system.x
file and make a new kernel if you like or you can tweek with the atconf/modules-
ramd/space.c file to change its default size, then make a new kernel.

Ken Chapin         UUCP: ...!{sun | ucbvax | ihnp4}!amdcad!uport!ken
Microport Systems
Technical Support