YA uP V2.4

Andy Puchrik asp at puck.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 18:56:01 AEST 1988

Has anyone added a second disk after installing V2.4?  I've been able to
build the unix file system on the second disk.  Unfortunately I haven't
been able to test out the new driver to see if the bogus HD I/O error
problem is fixed because I've been trying to put a DOS partition on the
second disk.  Seems like my existing DOS partition on D: gets wiped when
I mkfs.  I tried adding the DOS partition after making the system5 partition
but then I just get "invalid file system" when I boot unix and try to
mount the second disk.  I believe this worked OK in an earlier release,
at least getting both partitions built on the second disk.  I've tried
the usual gamut of permutations, using unix fdisk to change active
partitions, using dos fdisk to switch back, and vice versa.  BTW, if what
you have works, don't experiment.  You'll hate yourself in the morning.
--
Internet: asp at puck.UUCP				Andy Puchrik
uucp: decvax!necntc!necis!puck!asp		Moonlight Systems