SysV/AT ksh emacs mode broken!

Charles Hedrick hedrick at aramis.rutgers.edu
Sat Jul 9 18:30:20 AEST 1988

On the 286, there is not enough address space to include both emacs
and vi line editing modes.  (The makefile is set up for small model.
I haven't had the courage to try large model.)  The binary on the
uport bbs is compiled with vi.  That's why emacs mode didn't work for
you.  vi is bigger than emacs, so if you compile ksh with emacs
instead of vi, you also have room for the Berkeley-style job-control
stuff.  (If you use the patches I have developed, job control will
even work.)