HELP! Floating Point Problems

Keith Hankin keith at uport.UUCP
Sat Jul 23 14:45:18 AEST 1988

> my results.   On 7/14 I contacted the Microport sales with some related
> questions on their next release.  I was told that Version 2.2 does not
> include either 80387 support or 80387 emulation (i.e. no floating point
> support); however, the next release scheduled about August 1 will
> include these features in addition to the Green Hills C compiler.

Microport 386 version 2.2 supports both the 80287 and 80387 chips AND
emulation of their instruction sets if they do not exist in the
computer.  Version 3.0, to be released in September, will also include
Green Hills C compiler in addition to the AT&T PCC compiler.  It supports
80287, 80387 and Weitek 1167 math coprocessors, as well as 80287, 80387
and Weitek 1167 emulation.  The Weitek emulation is not 100% complete, but
it should suffice for the most common Weitek operations.

Keith Hankin	keith at uport
Microport Systems
--
Keith Hankin	keith at uport