Where can I find ksh/286

Jeff Bowles bowles at lll-crg.llnl.gov
Mon Jul 11 23:56:24 AEST 1988

In article <87 at obie.UUCP> wes at obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) writes:
>In article <4700 at killer.UUCP>, toma at killer.UUCP (Tom Armistead) writes:
>> 	Where can I get ksh for uPort 286/AT? A phone number or mailing
>> 	address or something???
>
>Mortice Kern Systems sells their "MKS Trilogy" for System V/AT for $119.
>It includes the ksh, MKS awk, and MKS crypt, which supports both DES and
>the Enigma rotor machine algorithms.  They accept AmEx, M/C, and Visa.
>+1 800 265 2797.

I am a little familiar with one of MKS's products --- they sell an MS-DOS
toolkit that includes the three things about, in addition to the wealth
of Unix tools you would normally use to write shell scripts:
	sort/comm/uniq/grep/cut/paste/...

Although my network disk doesn't entirely like the ksh sometimes, I find
that MKS's toolkit makes my life (and more, the life of a coworker stuck
on MS-DOS) much easier. Plus, their price is very good.

If the '386 tools are anywhere close, it's worth spending the $119 to
get a copy to evaluate.

	Jeff Bowles

ps. I'll gladly send a longer, more glowing recommendation via e-mail,
but don't want to waste Usenix bandwidth.