Where can I find ksh/286

Wolf N. Paul wnp at dcs.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 22:49:52 AEST 1988

In article <10075 at lll-winken.llnl.gov> bowles at lll-crg.llnl.gov.UUCP (Jeff Bowles) writes:
>In article <87 at obie.UUCP> wes at obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) writes:
>>In article <4700 at killer.UUCP>, toma at killer.UUCP (Tom Armistead) writes:
>>> 	Where can I get ksh for uPort 286/AT? A phone number or mailing
>>Mortice Kern Systems sells their "MKS Trilogy" for System V/AT for $119.
>I am a little familiar with one of MKS's products --- they sell an MS-DOS
>toolkit that includes the three things about, in addition to the wealth
>of Unix tools you would normally use to write shell scripts:
>If the '386 tools are anywhere close, it's worth spending the $119 to
>get a copy to evaluate.

1. The MKS Trilogy, last I looked at their ads, was for System V/AT, which is
   the '286 product, rather than the '386.

2. I have a beta version of the MKS Trilogy (I sent in my bug reports but never
   got a reply or acknowledgement, so I'm a bit miffed) -- their ksh is larger
   than the ksh on uport's BBS, loads MUCH SLOWER, and burps on some of the
   Bourne scripts in /bin (i.e. basename). I don't know whether these things got
   fixed since they never acknowledged my bug reports.

3. What version of the toolkit are you using on your network? Supposedly
   Release 2.3 (out about 1 1/2 months) fixed network problems.

Wolf Paul
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   wnp at dcs.UUCP                   TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD